• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 year old birthmom-Can she relinquish?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bre

What is the name of your state? California.

We were contacted by an agency regarding a minor birthmom (12-soon to be 13). The birthom lives in Louisianna but would need to reside with us for the remaining 10 weeks of her pregnancy. What are the legal aspects regarding this? Is a minor able to sign a contract giving up her child? Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

skyy

I'm relatively new to family law issues. In my experience with working troubled youth, I came across a mother who had a child at age 13 in CA. Her child would have been given up for adoption (she consented), but she knew the name of the father. Because she knew his name, the adoption was not permitted because he had to consent also. It may have been because it was a casual relationship and not forced on her. I'm not sure because they didn't go into details. You may have to check the laws if CA is where the child will be born, especially since they have laws allowing a period for the parent to change his/her mind.

Elmo-1

Buzz off maggot!

Thought perverted dirtbags weren't allowed to post their sadistic filth without registering.

nextwife

13 year old birthmom

Does the young lady think that having the Bfather relinquish will be a problem? And, I do NOT know the state law there, but might it not also be good to have her parents agree in writing to the relinquishment, as she is a minor?

Good luck. 13 is soooo young, thank goodness she is realizing that and not trying toparent at that age.

M

mizzdq

again, depending on the laws in your state...
i am a birth mother as well as a mother of two. i was able to give my child up for adoption without the consent of the father on the grounds of abandonment. if the bfather was/is not around, that may be an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">