• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

With no will, how should relatives begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BKolb

I'm asking this to help my wife's family. This is in Minnesota. Both of my wife's parents are deceased. One of my wife's brothers recently died. He was never married and had no children. As far as we have been able to determine so far, he left no will and no estate administrator. One of his brothers plans to take care of the estate but is unsure where to start. The deceased had a house (plus whatever is in it) that was, from what I understand, not quite paid for in full, plus some money in some CDs and a savings account. He also owned some vehicles. How does my brother-in-law go about becoming the estate administrator? Also, after he does that, what should he do next? He currently has not contacted a lawyer.

C

Chas C

What's he waiting for? Time is money and a lawyer who practices probate and wills knows what to do. Most lawyers will save the family money and time. Not to mention hassle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">