• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questioning performance of executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donyar

After a year in the probate process - my family still has unanwered questions of the estate handling, especially the executors reponsibilities and communication. We still have not satisfactorily received info on estate assets, appraisals, home sales, interest accrued on monies, etc.
After having no answer by the executor or the lawyer, can anyone advise me of NEXT STEPS I should take to get this information resolved? Thank you.

S

Sherron

I'm not in the legal profession, but I am the executor of an estate in pro per (I am doing the probate myself). If the estate is going through formal probate, the executor is required to file an inventory and appraisal of all estate assets with the court. Those and other documents filed for the estate should be available for your examination at the courthouse. I am in California, but I believe it is probably similar in all states.

If there was a will, it should also be on file at the court. At least this may give you a start.

------------------
--California

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">