• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child's trust fund question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denise

I was divorced in 1996 and have since remarried and moved to another state. My ex-husband was killed in a tragic accident in 1997 and my 7 year old son was left with a very healthy trust fund turned over to orphan's court because his father did not have a will. I have been notified of the estate amount left to him but I am unaware of finding out how to obtain guardianship of it or information about what type of trust fund it is. My son's grandmother tried to gain custody of my child after his father's death as well, which led into a very messy legal battle, I did win that battle, but I would like to know if I can get information about the trust fund without the "other" family knowing about it and if we have rights to the trust fund even if needed for child support. Any advise you might have to help would be much appreciated.

denise
barnwell, sc

[email protected]

M

Marcia M

It depneds on the state. Get a lawyer or investigator in that state to get copies of the records for openers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">