• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigbird0612

What is the name of your state? missouri I have a daughter who is almost 8. When she was first born, I had a DNA test done on who her father was, but it came back stating he wasn't the father. My then boyfriend was with me when the test was done, and he said that they mixed up my blood and her blood, I don't know if this is true or if this would have affected the test, anyway, I had everyone that i had ever been sexually involved with tested, because I had gotten a medical card on her, and the state wanted to know who the father was, and the other people that i had tested come back negative too. So I don't know what to do now. I have been married for almost 4 years, and she calls him dad, and he wants to adopt her, but how do we get around the fact that we don't know who her bio. father is? Or can we.

Son of Slam

bigbird0612 said:
What is the name of your state? missouri I have a daughter who is almost 8. When she was first born, I had a DNA test done on who her father was, but it came back stating he wasn't the father. My then boyfriend was with me when the test was done, and he said that they mixed up my blood and her blood, I don't know if this is true or if this would have affected the test, anyway, I had everyone that i had ever been sexually involved with tested, because I had gotten a medical card on her, and the state wanted to know who the father was, and the other people that i had tested come back negative too. So I don't know what to do now. I have been married for almost 4 years, and she calls him dad, and he wants to adopt her, but how do we get around the fact that we don't know who her bio. father is? Or can we.

Maybe you fergot some guys. Some girls have a hard time remembering all the people they have sex with.

Seanscott

You really need to consult with a good family attorney. It may be free, it may cost $100. It will be well worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">