• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Controlled Subst. How do I prove I'm absolutely not guilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zbinxwitt

What is the name of your state? Texas . On Feb. 5, 2003 I was stopped by a Sheriff's Deputy from a neighboring county to mine who recieved a "Bolo" (Be on the look out) for a vehicle that I was driving. The vehicle belonged to my uncle who resides in the same house hold as I do. My uncle called the city police in the town I have lived in all my life to ask how to deal with the situation of me taking his car without his knowledge. His main concern was financial responsibility, due to the fact that he feared I could have been in an accident and he does not carry any insurance on the car. I was placed under arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Previous to being placed in the deputies' patrol car I was thoroughly searched by the arresting officer. My hands were cuffed behind my back and the officer reached into each of my blue jean's pockets to examine the contents before any Miranda Rights were read to me. I was found to have no illegal possesions whatsoever. Upon arrival to the jail I was taken inside by an officer who was riding with the arresting officer. (I noticed that the arresting officer opened the trunk of the patrol car as I was being walked into the jail.) At that time the arresting officer said he found a bag of methamphetamines and a bag of marijuana in the back seat of the patrol car. He then showed the items to me after I demanded to see what he was talking about and he laid them in the back seat and took a picture of them. I was detained for Possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, and the initial charge of unauthorized use.
Here are some facts in this situation that are quite important: I have 4 months left on parole for Burglary of a Vehicle that I was convicted of in 1994. This offense took place in the small town that I mention previously. (The police dept. that my uncle called) I was placed on probation, lived down 4 years and it was revoked in 1998. I am willing to take a lie detector test to prove innocence. What do I need to do? [email protected]

Z

zappy

HAHA zack:

Do you see how EASY it is to catch stupid criminals?

You took the car and uncle knew drugs were in the car and he figured you did too, and were going to sell it to make some green.

So he called the police, and lo and behold there was drugs in the car and you were driving, AND on parole.

Face it boy, you are a LOSER, and this time you will be in the big house for a long time.

D

DRN

That's why cops steal drugs - so they can plant them. Somehow, they still think they're upstanding citizens because they don't use them.

Good luck. You'll need it.

M

Multimom

A good criminal lawyer may be able to minipulate it to your advantage, but 100% proof may be hard to obtain.

Good luck.

Oh and Zappy, why are you so rude and hateful? Is that the only way you can feel good about yourself by disparaging other????

Z

zbinxwitt

i've got one question?

In response to my thread.... a couple of people replied, "I have a feeling that OP is not telling the whole story." Well, what is OP???

Somebody feel me in ... am I just that clueless

Z

zbinxwitt

Son of Slam

Son of Slam

You say it's the ole "They put the drugs in the cop car trick."-----------------although it's the district attorney that won't allow a polygraph. Let me guess Mr. Obtuse, I must be such a good liar that I can beat the poly too...

Find something constructive to say, or don't waste the space!

ZBINXWITT

stephenk

polygraphs are not admissible in court. so if you pass the DA will say so what. if you fail the DA will say see you're lying.

H

hgrego1015

"I was placed under arrest for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Previous to being placed in the deputies' patrol car I was thoroughly searched by the arresting officer. My hands were cuffed behind my back and the officer reached into each of my blue jean's pockets to examine the contents before any Miranda Rights were read to me." There was no reason to put this in your post. This was standard police tactics. Nothing done wrong.

"(I noticed that the arresting officer opened the trunk of the patrol car as I was being walked into the jail.)" By this remark you seem to be insinuating that he took the dope out of his trunk and put it in the back seat. The arresting officer was placing his duty weapon in his trunk. They can't take them into the booking facility for fear that someone will take it from them. This is standard policy in most all correction facilities. Some facilities provide locker safes, but most officers I know don't trust their duty weapon to be anywhere they don't know for sure that it will be safe.
Oh...the Miranda thing... He did'nt have to. Read them that is. Unless of course he questioned you and intends to make your statements part of his report.
Just hire an attorney plead not guilty and see what happens. The DA will offer you a plea which your attorney will strongly advise you to take because he wont want to go to court. You will take the plea and life will go on.

Son of Slam

hgrego1015 said:
[B...Previous to being placed in the deputies' patrol car I was thoroughly searched by the arresting officer. My hands were cuffed behind my back and the officer reached into each of my blue jean's pockets to examine the contents before any Miranda Rights were read to me."

There was no reason to put this in your post. This was standard police tactics. Nothing done wrong.

[/B]
OP is trying to say he had no dope when he was put into the car. To me OP sounds like OJ. "Absolutely100% not guilty, I was framed" Every time someone is taken out of a police car the back seat is searched. DUH!

H

hgrego1015

It was mandatory for us to search our back seats after a transport. The shift commander also checked the removable back seat before and after the shift. If anything was found it was our ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">