• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion for discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nthewnd2003

What is the name of your state? Missouri. My brother has been charged with manufacturing of methamphetamine and has claimed to all our family,friends,anyone who will listen that I snitched on him to DEA. He claims his lawyer has informed him that their was an informant in his case and it was me (his sis). There is no truth to this at all by no means. My family does not believe this as well & told him unless he can prove this a better way than my lawyer says so they wont discuss it with him . He says he has proof but will not show anything. I cant even defend myself because he hasnt had contact with me since he says he found out this crap. I have been threatened by others involved with him, I'm not allowed to see his kids, I am scared for my safety. How can I prove that I had nothing to do with this and someone has used me for a scape goat. thankyou very much

PS The truly sad fact in this screwed up matter is he thinks he is in jail because of me not because he did anything wrong I know this.

H

hmmbrdzz

What concerns me most about your note is being threatened by others. There was someone on this board just a few days ago complaining about a sister having snitched on a brother, and it sounded like the poster was ready to threaten the sister. Hope that wasn't you! Do you have an attorney? (for some reason something in your note made me question whether you did or not). Until you are advised that you will be having to provide testimony of some sort with respect to this case (if you ever ARE) I don't think there is a lot you can do to "prove" you're not an informant. If you fear for your safety, I would advise calling the DA's office and speaking to someone about what's going on. Make it clear you fear for your safety. Has his attorney questioned you?

hmmbrdzz

N

nthewnd2003

motion of discovery

One thing I hope to make clear my brother & I have always been very close I have absolutely no reason to try to hurt him. I did not do anything to him. Since he's been on meth the past year he gets these paranoid delusions about everything. He cant even tell me what possibly gave him the idea that I somehow am involved in his mess. I am scared for my safety and that's not overly dramatic. If you knew my brother you'd be aware of his violent behavior and delusions from continous drug abuse. So i guess maybe you can just tell a drug dealer "Billy" told us about you and that's ok? Man, I feel sorry for him & (me) I miss my nehpew& neice and my bro of course. It really hurts that he truly believes this in his ate up head and wont even try to confront me about it. I know if it were me and I said I even had proof he did this to me I would be shoving that proof in his face & everyone else's. In the meantime I am frightened and alienated from his family. Very frustrating to deal with especially when he's a repeat offender everyone knows who he is that's for sure. Snitch or no snitch the cops have always wanted him. I had just hoped maybe I could clear my name in his distorted view & be done with this. I never had a part in his charges or convictions.

H

hmmbrdzz

Until your brother is straightened out and off the meth for good (and all other amphetamines) and is no longer delusional, I would advise you to stay clear of him completely and not worry about convincing him or anyone else in his family that you're innocent. Speed addicts, as I'm sure you know, can be dangerous because they can become delusional (some will have permanent brain damage from abuse). It is sad because he's your brother and he's got a family you would hope to be a part of. Hopefully all things will work out in the long run, but DO get yourself in a position where you feel safer. Cutting ties with him right now is going to be a key factor in that. Best of luck to you.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">