• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Has NO funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MICHY

Passaic County, Northern New Jersey

I would like to leave my husband. We have been married 9 years no children. I am leaving because of his impotence for the the entire 9 years. He promised many things including children. I am now 43. I lost my chances for all happiness in this marriage. I am leaving now for my sanity.

My husband has no savings and doesn't make enough to cover the Mortgage payments and taxes. I pay both. He pays the food, car insurance, house insurance, cable, phone and utilities

If I move out and get an apt. I won't be able to afford to pay for an apt. and maintain the mortgage & taxes (which are considerable) Will I still be responsible? I just want my half when I acutally get divorced. But I know he has nothing.
If he loses the house because of this, what are my options. I have lost considerable financially because of his lack of financial help. I got the mortgage and I was the one that made all primary payments. I paid for all lawyers to get this house which was bought from the estate of his dead father (who didn't leave it to him) We had to buy in a mortgage to the estate for which I paid all fees.
HELP I have no more to give

vrzirn

It would seem that step one is to see an attorney. Step two would probably be to sell the house. Neither you nor your husband can afford it.
In your 30's when you married him and you did not know he was impotent? Plan on a year to get this mess behind you and then go out and have fun.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">