• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Q-TIP Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Josh Winstead

My Q-TIP Trust states that income pay-out to the income beneficiary will be on a "unitrust" basis with 5 1/2% of the corpus of the trust paid annually. Corpus to be recomputed at beginning of each year .. etc. Will this provision satisfy the Feds. for the annual "income distribution" requirement? If so, what are the maximum and minimum percentage pay-outs? Thanks

M

Marcia M

This is a very technical question that you should ask of the lawyer who drew the trust. It is far too important for anything other than a legal opinion you can rely on, and I do not give those for free, given the potential liability. If you did your own trust, that would scare me to death..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">