• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i change executership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LiL

my mother passed away a year ago , she had me find a lawyer for her to set up a trust , once the trust was set up we had her good friends be the executer , now a year later we are wondering why her estate is not closed , i went to the probate court and looked at here record, i was able to talk to a magistrate about the matter, the mag. informed me the the property should have been passed to us months ago , witch now is in the executers name , the lawyer told me not to go to probate court again , he is now applying to probate to charge us more than 3%, and has informed us not to contact the executer any more , how do we go about removing here as executer? i am named in the trust to be the next executer if gail, the executer now doesnt/cant fofill her job ?

M

Marcia M

Something sounds funny. The lawyer should explain why the property hasn't been distributed to you.

However if you have a lawyer you should go thru him or her. Or hire anotherone to get the executor discharged particularly if you suspect somewthing bad That's costly....

L

LiL

thanks for your replyn , im going back to probate court tomorrow to get some more info, i am also going to talk to a difrent lawyer tomorrow , i spoke with the executer of the will(my moms friend) and she said that she will step down as executer if we would like her to , [how do we go about that ?] we feel that the lawyer is padding his bill or has alterier modives (ex. the houses), we dont know , my biggest worrie is holding up the estate in probate while this happens , is there a way to end this now? is there a way to stop this lawyer from prolonging this ? we Are worried that he is just running his bill up ?
again thanks for the reply

LiL

M

Marcia

Good. Glad to have helped. Usually the old simply resigns in a notarized document -- but be careful of what you ask for -- and the court appoints you as successor.

Now ask the existing lawyer what it will cost to finish this up. If you don't like the answer, find a new lawyer and get his quote. Look at AttorneyPages.com for a lawyer. If you like the new one tell the old she's fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">