• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

enduringexplore

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My accountant, a CPA, failed to provide me with copies of my corporate tax filings in 2001 for tax year 2000. She was paid in advance. I discovered the tax forms were never filed, and that she has no records. What legal remedies are available? I have been calling her for a year and I keep getting the lies. I have searched for some sort of regulating body for CPA's in Michigan, but no such luck. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tim

L

loku

First of all, you can advise the IRS of this and have them help you get to the bottom of it.

Also, The Michigan Association of CPA’s site is at: http://www.michcpa.org/. Among other things, there is a copy of the code of ethics. You could find out there what specific section was violated. You could also contact the Association to find out with whom you should file a complaint about a member.

Also, you could sue for malpractice. Your damages would be any costs or losses you suffered because of the malpractice. However, you would have to prove the facts you posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">