• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death of Designated Trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paul

In Massachusetts, I am involved in a will contest. A compromise will agreement was approved by the court over my objections and I refused to sign the agreement. In the compromise will, a trust is set up in the name of my brother. This was all done in September 1999. There were no trust provisions included with the court documents.
In October 1999, my brother, the named trustee, died. What is the rule governing such an event? To my knowledge, there was no alternative trustee named. Also, there has been no final judgement yet by the Court.

ALawyer

This is far too complicated for this Bulletin Board, and I urge that you get this mess straightened out with an attorney in Massachussets. Check out attorneypages.com, as most lawyers provide a free initial consultation.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">