• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lucy

i have powwer of attorney over my father.he
also has a will.His sister has taken him to the bank and he put her name on his accounts.
Is this legal and will it effect his will? He
also has a mental condition and I am wondering if I should get some legal advice.
It seems like she is taking advantage of him.

ALawyer

If he puts someone else's name on the accounts as "joint tenant" on his death it would be hers, as a matter of law, and the account would NOT pass under the Will. To fight it you would have to prove he lacked mental competence. That's tough -- read the Wills section on FreAdvice.com/

You are right, get a lawyer right away.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">