• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do you have to waite to remarry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sweetpea1221

What is the name of your state? North Dakota
I Just want to know how long you have to watie to remarry in this state after you are divorced. I have been told manny different things and would like to know the right answer?
Thank you!

D

DRN

At least until the ink dries. :D

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

I have never heard of any legal time period you have to wait after being divorced.

I've always thought that once you're divorced, you can jump right back into the pool.

My 2 cents.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

DRN is correct, again - - - even though he may not have realized it.

In North Dakota, neither party may marry except in accordance with the decree of the court granting the divorce. The court granting the divorce is obliged to specify in the decree whether either or both of the parties shall be permitted to marry, and if so, when. The court may modify a restriction in a decree at any time so as to permit one or both of the parties to marry. Should one of the parties to a divorce marry in violation of the restrictions imposed by the court, that remarriage would nevertheless be valid in North Dakota or in any other jurisdiction.

But, if the court does not place any restrictions in the decree, then once the decree is signed and filed by the court, it's "off to the races" again!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">