• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship and will infor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silvers

My dad died in nov leaving his estate to my step-mom who has been rendered incompetant. I am seeking guardianship of her Jan 27 in NJ, but will have her brother (80yr) contesting this. two separate issues, but I will be contesting my dads will becasue he wrote this last one under duress (this 80 year old man threatened his life)and this is documented.I have an attorney for the Jan 27 hearing, but to contest the will do I need a different one? thanks It is very difficult.

ALawyer

They are both difficult issues --

Few Will contests are successful, but if you can prove the threat and the guy (or his designee) was a beneficiary under the Will made after the threat (the closer, the better), you have a stronger than usual case. A lawyer is almost essential to win, and I see no conflict (yet) to prevent the same lawyer handling both matters, although the lawyer may see something I don't -- and I am not from New Jersey.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">