• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funding a Trust with Real Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RobKramer

We were told that if we put our house into a Trust that this could shield us from possible future litigation. In other words, if we were to get into an auto accident, the person suing us could not take our house if it were in a Trust. Is this true?

If I do set up a Trust, is it possible to fund the Trust with our home if we are not married and are simply co-owners on the deed? Could we set up a Joint Trust in this case? Is it even necessary or recommended? What else should be put into the Trust and what should be left in a Will?

ALawyer

Read the full Sections of Wills, Trusts and Asset Protection and Estate Planning on FreeAdvice.com -- It is all there.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">