• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stargazer5050

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband moved from our CA home w/o my knowledge 2 yrs ago while I was in TX with my hospitalized mother who almost died. I was forced to move to TX to help care for my mother and recently my father almost died and I care for him also. During this 2 yr period my husband has promised he was moving to Tx as soon as he was medically retired in March 2003 which was a ruse to not have to pay spousal support. I am attending school at 50 yrs old, live with and take care of parents and survive on $200/mo loan from my parents. I've discovered he may be filing in CA and I cannot fly back and forth for hearings. Should I file quickly in TX before he files in CA? There's more grounds in TX but spousal support is easier in CA. Should I first file for separation and request rehabilitative alimony? We were married in 1997-no children. When he moved, he took what he wanted of the community property and also bought all new appliances, etc. Which route would I be most successful? I desparately need spousal support as I can't work at this time and live in a town of 2,000 with little employment. My parents are still in need of my help. This man's a nightmare with no conscious! Please help!Thanks!:(

S

stargazer5050

This is to DRN:

DRN - I was notified you posted a reply to my thread, but it doesn't show up after I log in? I'm new to this site. If, for some reason, this notification was a mistake, please let me know. I'm anxious to get replies to my problem as time is of the essence. Maybe I'm doing something incorrect? My private messaging is enabled but when I attempt to use it, a message that the administrator has disabled private messaging appears. Can you help me find your reply?

Thanks - stargazer5050

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">