• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MO-Divorce ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brighteyes

What is the name of your state? MO

If a spouse is involved in an Phen Phen health settlement, can the other spouse get half of it in the event of a divorce? A letter was sent with the expected amount of the disbursement, but no check has been issued yet.

If one spouse owns their own home prior to marriage, does it have to be split in the event of a divorce? The title only has one spouse's name on it. The other spouse hasn't contributed anything financially to paying for it.

The marriage is very new, less than a year old. One spouse is retired and the other spouse doesn't work. There are no children from this marriage. Is there anything that the retired spouse would be required to pay/provide for the spouse in the event of a divorce?

The wife did own a home that they sold after they were married. She had about 2 years equity built up. I was told the money received was used to consolidate some of their bills. I don't know the details of what or who's bills were paid. Would the husband be required to give the money back.

I appreciate any knowledge.

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">