• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenningst33

What is the name of your state? missouri

I am currently seperated from my husband. I have been living in a two bedroom apartment with my two children since Oct. 2002. I was granted a six month ex-partee order due to domestic violence, while he was drunk. Recently we have managed to work things out for the children's sake. However, I am moving in with my boyfriend, mainly because of financial reasons, now my husband is telling me I have to have his permission to move, since we have in-common children. He wants me to move back "home". I am happy, and so are my children, they adore my boyfriend and I want to give them a happy childhood. I am currently waiting to hear back from legal aide to see if they will take my case. Please let me know, do I have to give him my new address? And do I have to let him know I'm moving in with my boyfriend? He knows about my boyfriend, but still wants me to come back home. All I want is OUT!

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

Are you moving out of state? Have the issues of custody and support been temporarily ordered?

He cannot stop you from moving within the state, but he may be able to try to stop you from moving out of state. Also, you have children involved so I would say that he does indeed need to know where you live, just like you need to know where he lives, but if domestic violence charges have been filed your situation may be different.

You can try a family law facilitator in your county, but from what I understand, legal aid usually does not take domestic cases, but I could be wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">