• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption of family member in Philippines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jay Langford

What is the name of your state? Texas
Dear:::::: My name is Jay Langford. I have run into a difficult circumstance. Perhaps you can help. My wife and I wanted to adopt a child. She is an American citizen but originally from the Philippines. Her Niece in the Philippines that is married and has two children offered to have another baby for my wife that can not have children. We hired an international adoption attorney in Austin Texas and laid out the whole situation for him. He said he could handle it and asked for a large retainer which we gave him once the baby had been conceived. He did nothing and I in the process of study ran into the law that says that in order to get the baby an immigrant visa it must be an orphan under INS guidelines. Because the mother is married the baby is not an orphan.The child will be born in May and adopting it in the Philippines is not possible because of their laws.Is their any possibility you can think of around this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely ,Jay and Tessa Langford

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">