• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal documentation for inherited real property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Geoff

After my mother's death, my father remarried and using only his assets, purchased another home in his name only for he and his second wife. His will named my brother and myself as the beneficiaries of the new home with the provision that his second wife be able to reside there until her death or remarriage. The will has been probated. Does the will serve as the legal proof of ownership or is it necessary to have a new deed drawn up? I live in the state of Alabama.

ALawyer

You probably want to get a new deed on file. Ask the lawyer who handled the probate as I am not from Alabama.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">