• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

get him out of the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

okierat

What is the name of your state? CA/OK. I bought a house with a boyfriend in OK, we seperated when I moved to work overseas.He signed an agreement to buy the house and car, be responsible for all payments and pay me a lump sum of money in 2 years.( I paid the down-payment on the house and all cost) He never paid me a dime and now 5 years later I move to CA from overseas, and find out, he filed bankruptcy, the car was repossessed and they want me to pay the balance left, the house payments are late and it all shows on my credit. I called and told him to move out of the house, that I was going to have to sell to pay-off the creditor and remove him from my credit report forever. Now he is refusing to move out and avoiding the realtor that I signed up with. He won't answer the phone or call even though I send him letters.
My question is; how can I proceed on getting him out of the house so I can sell it.
There is not enough equity to pay the full amount due to the creditor, but close enough they are willing to settle for less than 1/3 of total amount. I won't get my lump sum agreed upon, but atleast he can't mess with my credit by still being on the loan and he will be completely out of my life. Any help would be great. I don't want to refinance, since I am not in OK to make sure he doesn't destroy the property.

B

Boxcarbill

okierat said:
What is the name of your state? CA/OK. I bought a house with a boyfriend in OK, we seperated when I moved to work overseas.He signed an agreement to buy the house and car, be responsible for all payments and pay me a lump sum of money in 2 years.( I paid the down-payment on the house and all cost) He never paid me a dime and now 5 years later I move to CA from overseas, and find out, he filed bankruptcy, the car was repossessed and they want me to pay the balance left, the house payments are late and it all shows on my credit. I called and told him to move out of the house, that I was going to have to sell to pay-off the creditor and remove him from my credit report forever. Now he is refusing to move out and avoiding the realtor that I signed up with. He won't answer the phone or call even though I send him letters.
My question is; how can I proceed on getting him out of the house so I can sell it.
There is not enough equity to pay the full amount due to the creditor, but close enough they are willing to settle for less than 1/3 of total amount. I won't get my lump sum agreed upon, but atleast he can't mess with my credit by still being on the loan and he will be completely out of my life. Any help would be great. I don't want to refinance, since I am not in OK to make sure he doesn't destroy the property.
So if you " bought a house with a boyfriend in OK," does that mean that his name is also on the deed to the house from which you are seeking his eviction?

O

okierat

Yes, his name is on the deed and mortgage papers, the very same mortgage that he has not paid on time or kept up-to-date which now reflects on my credit report. I know I should of sold eveything before leaving, but I was silly enough to think he would take care of everything and I was trying to be "nice". well now that is costing me a whole lot of money and a bad credit report that will take years to clear up again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">