• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grammer

I have power of attorney for an aunt in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. She has just received information about this policy and also one for my uncle{her brother}. It turns out the policies were taken out in 1936 and my aunt doesn't remember them. my uncle passed away 12 years ago and she had POA for him. how do I handle his policy after all these years. They both are small policies. Thank you.

ALawyer

You may be in luck. The odds are it is one of the big 3 that issued "small" policies in the 1930s and '40s. Contact the insurance company -- if it is John Hancock (it just went public), or MetLife or Prudential, which will soon go public, you'd possibly get some stock. Also, many small policies are now larger as a result of dividend additions, etc. They are honorable companies and they can help you -- but don;t spend the money just yet -- the policy may have lapsed or been escheated to the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">