• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoptee - Invasion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laural

What is the name of your state? California

I have an unusual situation, an adoption registry in Virgina has contacted me about locating my birth mother, I informed them that I have already found her a few years ago and please update their records. Well they emailed me back how I wasted "their time" (Keep in mind I never contacted them to help me search for my mother, they took my information off another registry and they charge a fee for their services, I figured they were scam artists, well they kept emailing and emailing me, and eventually it got to the point where I got really mad and I told them off and said some harsh things. Well they turned around forwarded my last "very hot" response to my birth mom in an attempt to ruin my relationship with her by telling her what an awful person I am. Not only that they are continuing to harrass my birthmom about me, they keep mailing her my emails, and she is so upset, she's 62 yrs old and now our relationship is on the rocks. She can't deal with this stress.
How do I keep them from continuing to harrass her? Do I have any recourse? Are there any laws that prevent them from sending
my private emails to my birth mother with out my permission? Are there any laws that deal with an organizations maliciously ruining my life? Please help I can not believe this is happening to me and I don't know what to do or how to make it stop.

L

laural

I haven't been emailing them, they keep sending my old emails and harrassing letters thru snail mail to my birth mom, I'll be looking for a lawyer this week to at the very least send a letter for me to put a scare in them to leave my birth mom alone. If they were mailing and harrassing me it would be no problem I have a thick skin, but to go after a 62yr old woman like that, it's wrong, supposedly they are a big agency and you would think they would have more common sense than that. Maybe when this is over I can rebuild my relationship again with my birth mom.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why can't she just throw the letters out w/o openning them? Honestly - 62 isn't old and feeble - surely she's capable of that much effort. Hell, my mother at 72 could do as much - and she'd be writing them nasty letters.

L

laural

I'm happy that your mother is very healthy at 72 years old, not all people are, my mother-in-law is in a home right now and has been there since she was 61, she doesn't know who anyone is and can't feed herself. My birth mom, has a heart problem, and she does suffer from anxiety so this situation is not healthy for her. She's not talking to me right now, so I can't suggest the not opening the mail thing, even if I did suggest that, I think she would see it as a way of sweeping it under a rug, and not dealing with it, and get more upset. Remember this is my birth mom not my real mom the relationship is totally different, I but I do want to keep her in my life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">