• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage scam by Phillipino woman on elderly father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ImaPseudonym

My elderly father was introduced to a Phillipino woman he had never met while in the UTMB of Galveston. A nurse after his death indicated that there was a "raqcket" going on through the hospital. My father believed in the last months of his life, that he was being drugged by this woman he had married and that his medication was given improperly. She had tried to get him to sign a will kit which would have given her everything including personal effects of my deceased mother. She also tried to get him to adopt a phillipino child who was 16 or 17 yrs of age at the time. My father was in fear the last few months he lived. After his death, we determined she had destroyed the copy of the will she knew about and the most disgusting thing was she REFUSED an autopsy and none of us had any say since she was his wife. Thankfully, we had a copy. The woman has protested the settling of the estate for over 3 years. She has gotten "rid" of many valuables and personal items, some that were ours that had been left in his house. She refused to let us go in after the funeral to get such items. She also sold a handicapped equipped van which we are not sure if she had a legal right to do so. We are getting very frustrated at this delay but she and her lawyer have stalled time and time again. The last communication I had with this woman was that she was waiting on "the people in California" before she would make up her mind about moving. We know for a fact this was a scam by the Phillipino Underground, but we have not found any help in this matter. Can you please give us some suggestions on ways to expedite this case? We do have a lawyer but he too is at a stand still because of this woman. Please help! Thank you.

A

Alice A

This is a VERY common thing, unfortunately. There is a whole set of scam artists and they do it all the time. Courts know it too.

Has your lawyer spoken to the police? The FBI? Interpol?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">