• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verified complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nick123

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

I have two questions:
1. I have recieved a summons for divorce with notice. My attorney filed a Notice of Appearance with demand for verified complaint. My attorney later consented to an extension without date of the other attorneys time to serve a complaint which service may be demanded on 20 days notice. Could you tell me if there is any advantage to me by my attorney granting an extension to the other attorney for the complaint or is this just a courtesy to the other attorney. What effect if any does a extension without date have. Does it slow the divorce process?

2. I know that if a husband dies and has small children the wife can collect social security benefits for the children and possibly herself. Does Social Security work the other way around where if the wife dies the husband can collect Social Security on the children? Both parents work.

Thanks for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">