• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsharra

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
Ok, around 9 years ago I divorce my ex- husband and before that we filed taxes together, but he never payed them and yes I did sign on the dotted line ,so they are after me for the back taxes not my ex ,but what i am needing to know is if I can get him to write a letter to the person I am talking to about the case if they will let him sign an agreement to pay his part of the taxes and I pay my part and too if I get my part paid off that I will be in the clear. what do you think, do you think they will go for it. please someone if you know anything let me know, thanks

L

lsharra

ok, my ex has agreed to sign and have the letter notarize so I can send them the letter, so what do you think

abezon

No, they don't care who pays them. They just want money. They won't let you off the hook until the taxes are paid or ya'll have worked out an offer in compromise. Check the FAQ for more info on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">