• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

get him out of the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moose2

Can I Make Him Move Out when I File?

What is the name of your state? kansas
I am seriously considering filing for divorce from my husband of 2.5 yrs.Can I also evict him from the house when I file the papers? I have lived here for 16 years. He moved in with me. He has helped pay for 1/2 the payment...at least he says he has by giving me $500 per month for bills. (I guess that is another story).

Anyways, I heard that the courts are much more likely to award the house to the one who stays in it. He has family here close by that he can stay with, I have a 16 year old daughter (not his) and no place to go if I file for divorce & leave. My house baloon loan came up for renewal last summer, and the bank insisted that his name be added to the mortgage. The court house still has it in my name though.:(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">