• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

talltxred

What is the name of your state? TX
I know in Texas there is no "Legal Seperation" & my husband is pushing me to make a decision. We have a small daughter & she is with me. My biggest fear is my husband will try & take my daughter back to AZ where we moved from. His family is there & his mother wants my daughter. I know if we divorce that there may be times when she goes out of state but is there any way until one of us files for divorce for me to keep him from taking her out of Texas? I am not sure divorce is what I want but he is pushing me in that direction. Help!:eek:

Last edited:

djohnson

You probably need to see an attorney. Who keeps the child is going to be dependant on custody papers so when you file for separation/divorce file those also. What is fair is not a question we can answer as we do not know your personal circumstances. Fair for one isn't fair for the other, and just because its fair doesn't mean it will work if spouses disagree and and the judge gets involved.

I know its not alot of help but if you ask more specific questions we will try again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">