• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Duress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blueeyes14424

What is the name of your state? ny

Does anyone know where I can find cases of duress where the original seperation/divorce agreement was put aside due to duress? I signed my divorce papers under duress (no attorney - he had one though) and I really need some info fast. Thanks!

VeronicaGia

You understand that this will only prolong the inevitable. Your soon to be ex spouse can get divorced from you eventually.

B

blueeyes14424

I'm already divorced - have been for 3 years now. He got everthing because he blackmailed me into signing the papers - I got nothing. But now I have the courage to fight him since he can't control me anymore.

D

DRN

I'll do a search for you but I have to tell you I think you're out of luck.

Unless your ex was fantastically rich and had the judge in his pocket, I can't see a Supreme Court judge granting a divorce that was so one-sided and left one party with nothing.

In order to do what you seek to do, you would have to convince another judge that you were incapable of entering into that agreement at that time and that the presiding judge should have known that.

Tall order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">