• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co titled auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kms

my mother co titled a auto in her and my name. she passed away. the auto is titled in alabama. does the car become mine legaly or does it become the estates. the executor told me that i have no ownership of the car and it is part of the estate. i have no problem selling the car and using the money to pay the estate but it seems smarter to not use the auto to pay off the estate's bills unless we have to. executor is attempting to force me and my brother, the only two beneficiarys, to do what she wants. also the executor, my aunt, is claiming that my mother promised her items after her death. my mother died unexpectantly in another country on vacation and there is no documentation to the aunt's claims. the will only lists me and my brother. are we obligated to give my aunt the items she claims my mother promised her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">