• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I contest will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sc

In the will, my Grandma divided her propery between 3 living children (one has since died)and did not include anything for her 2 predeceased children’s family. In the will, she states that if one of the children predeceases her that their share is to go to their children and wife---and their names are listed out. One of her children did predecease her and the children and living spouse are going to inherit. How is this fair to the other 2 predeceased children’s family who were not listed in the will? If it is believed that the 3 living children
influenced her decision to leave out the other families, is there grounds to contest? A small cash settlement was made to the two children of my Grandmother's deceased children. However, we were not listed to receive any other of the remaining assets. This is a substantial estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">