• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car impounded for ticket that wasn't mine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CUDALIS

What is the name of your state? new york
my car was impounded 2/28/03 for failure to pay parking ticket i never received. ticket was issued 1/16/01 for my prior car which was in collision shop, since 1/14/01 and subsequently totaled. sent copy of the registration and letter from collision shop, to parking violations bureau. their response was the shop was my agent, thus in the eyes of the law, i had to pay. i didn't. finally received copy of the ticket, it shows 1988 cadillac, regist. exp. 3/18/03. my car was 1997 mercury, regist exp. 3/31/03. i had to pay the marshal $514.00 cash, in order to retrieve my car. the car has dents & scratches, as well as it does not feel right, when i drive. who do i go after besides the city of n.y., for repairs?, the marshal & towing co.? note- car was parked between two other cars! collision shop denies car nor my plates ever left his premises.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">