• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorced or not divorced, that is the ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Susan Otto

What is the name of your state? California
my (ex-)husband and i have been separated for over 7 yrs. the last time we spoke, he claimed we were divorced. however, i have received nothing to confirm this. i live in arizona with my two children. one is developmentally disabled and we are on a fixed income which makes traveling to orange county, ca. difficult. how can i find out if, indeed, the divorce was filed, and if so how to get a copy of these records? your help would be greatly appreciated.

H

hopelessinCA

If you are divorced, there must be a record. Your ex didnt tell you when he filed or why he didnt notify you? If he filed in Orange county.. Try www.occourts.org or call (714)935 8043 for general info.
Even though you are on a fixed income, discuss your situation with an attorney. Check the California State Bar website for legal aid help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">