• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kokopelli182

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My wife and I have been separated since September of 2001. We do not have a 'separation agrrement'. She currently lives in Germany. Our split has been amicable. There are no children involved. However, we have a house and a car in both our names but she lays no claim to either. I have spoken to my bank and gathered the information I need to get these items solely in my name. I plan on filing for a ‘no fault’ divorce if NC law permits. I also plan on doing all of this myself since we are still on good terms. My questions are: 1) Does NC permit a ‘no fault’ divorce? 2) What documentation to I need to present to the courts? I have found sites to get forms but want to make sure I get ALL the required forms.
Thank you (whoever) for your time.

H

hopelessinCA

Check with the American Bar website. abanet.org for grounds by state. I believe NC is no- fault, but you can use grounds of separation for one year

The North Carolina state bar has info about what you need to file. website www. ncbar.org and check into the family law section

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">