• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption legal steps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mzltaylor

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My husband and I have a young girl living with us and she is pregnant. She wants us to adopt her child. What are the legal steps we need to take and what kind of expences are we looking at?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mzltaylor said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My husband and I have a young girl living with us and she is pregnant. She wants us to adopt her child. What are the legal steps we need to take and what kind of expences are we looking at?

My response:

How old is she?

Was she living with you when she became pregnant?

IAAL

M

mzltaylor

Re: Re: Adoption legal steps

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

How old is she?

Was she living with you when she became pregnant?

IAAL
She is 19 and no she was not living with us when she became pregnant.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mzltaylor said:
"why should it matter who the daddy is. She is not even sure about that herself."

================================

My response:

Yes, it does matter. Perhaps not to you because you're an "interested party" and a "biased party", but the United States Supreme Court "cares". The U.S. Supreme Court has already decided a similar issue and has ruled that all potential fathers must be given an opportunity to come forward and take the child when the mother wishes to give the child up for adoption.

Believe me, the adoption court is going to ask the same questions, and DNA inquiries will be made until a father appears. Then, if the father chooses not to take the child, then the child may be placed for adoption. And not one second sooner.

So, you better start preparing for the fact that you may not be able to adopt this child.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">