• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step-children's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wolfmanx5

my natural mother past dec.,3,1997. my step-
father (who was always my father in my eyes)
past jan.,4,1999. somehow while my father was sick in the hospital and heavily medicated on morphine, his sister had him sell his house, (both parents home) to her for $1.00. this was aproximately one month before his passing. she then brought a lawyer to the hospital 4 days before he passed, and had my father make her executor. meanwhile i was at his side every day without any knowledge of this. the day he past, he informed me of this and had told me she robbed him and for me to do something. the problem with this is i was too distraught after my father passing. i was'nt in any shape to fight her. i had just lost both of my parents in little over a year and had separated with my wife of 13 years. i was now having to take care of my five children on my own. my only concern was to bury my father along side my mother. my aunt was aware of this and took advantage of the situation. she subsiquently recieved his life insurance $40,000/land/and his new car along with any other contents of my parents home. i have not been able to get anything of my parents belongings. this has caused a lot of heartacre not only for myself but also my children, who were not aware of the step-parent title, as far as they knew, that was their grandma and grandpa. please tell me what if any rights i may have. also have i waited too long. this was the earliest time i've actually felt like doing anything.
i'd also like to tell you my parents have been together since 1969, married in 1975. i was born in jan of 1963. although i knew my father was'nt my biological father, i never thought of him as anything but.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">