• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pepsigul34

What is the name of your state? AZ This is complicated and would appreciate any advice.or comments,I have been married twelve years,I have no doubt that I have grounds for divorce,mental cruelty,some physical abuse,drinking and he has abandoned us five times,left countless good paying jobs and has provided us with no stability,we have lived in six different states,our son has attended who is eight has been in five different schools since kindergarden some no more then for six months.The only reason I have repeatedly stayed is because he threatens to take our son and disappear that is how I find myself out here in az,I have never been able to maintain a job for very long not because of me but he dictates what hours I can work and being we usually have no one to help with child care I am forced into staying home,I have no money to speak of for a divorce but want one so I can get my son and myself out of this situation,is there any way I can file and sue him for the legal fees,can I leave the state and go back to ohio,I am so confused and don't know where to turn or what to do.I know someone may critisize me for letting this go on but I thought I was doing the right thing trying for years to make things work for my son and myself but I have had enough of seeing my child get stuck in the middle, my husband has proven time and again he can't be depended upon and so I will have to find a way.

R

recruiter_bob

I have been there

I hope that a senoir member can give you some good advice to help your situation.The part about questioning why you stayed so long,believe me when I tell you there are plenty of us,male and female who have stayed as well when we probably should have moved on for us and our children.My fiancee and myself both were just where you are 4 years ago.I had been in a bad situation for 13 years and her for 12 years just like you.Try to stay strong and dont be afraid to use the resources you need to move on.A attorney,the police,court system.I do hope that things work out for you.

P

pepsigul34

dear recruiter_bob,I wanted to say thank for sending me some hope and inspiration,it is nice to know that I am not all by myself and this is the first time I have ever gone online to seek advice and was hesitant because there are people who can be cruel and say horrible things like we deserve what happened because we stayed.I have gotten a response from an attorney who's practice works with people who don't have the financial means to hire an attorney,she even gave me a website further explaining what her office could do for me,I used to think based on what my husband said that no one would help me or my son and that I was all alone,that he had all the power and I have finally all this time realized he only has power if I continue to give it to him.I also wanted to say congratulations to you and your fiance and wish you both much happiness,thanks again:)

nailtech

Do you have a womens crisis center in your area you can seek protection from your husband?? they can also turn you in the right direction for helping centers for women in your situation... good luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">