• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son's inheritance in Dallas probate court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My 13 yr. old son was in a car accident with his father and stepmother...they were both killed in June of 1991. Daniel (my son) was not listed as beneficiary, but since his stepmother died too, he is the only heir to the $100,000. life insurance policy. Since his step-mothers family became executors of the estate, I have not been able to get any information on the whereabouts or even how much of the money is left. The money is in texas, we are residents of Missouri. I believe Daniel is entitled to this money when he turns 18, that's only 4 years away. I feel like I have a responsibility to him, to find out about this money, but the Lawyers will not speak to me, and the probate court won't or can't tell me anything either. I really need to know my rights as his parent to find out what they have done and are doing with his money. Please help if you can.
Thank You,
Idania Duncan

ALawyer

He may have had -- and may possibly still have -- a claim against the driver of the car or anyone else who caused or contributed to the accident for his injuries. He als could have had one for the wrongful death of his father.

Court records are public. And if you know the name of the insurance company it may be able to tell you. I'd suggest you look on AttorneyPages.com, find a Texas lawyer who does probate work or accident work in the proper locale in Teaxas, and for a few hundred dollars have the lawyer look into matters for you.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">