• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for "I Am Always Liable"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justme589

What is the name of your state?

Doesn't a state action which deprives certain persons of protected liberties and subjects certain persons to adverse state action without benefit of a trial, constitute a bill of attainder?

And, if there is a post deprivation hearing, months after the person has sustained the loss of liberty, but the person cannot obtain full relief through a post deprivation hearing alone, is this still a bill of attainder (since the person was deprived before having had a chance to be heard)?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

justme589 said:
What is the name of your state?

Doesn't a state action which deprives certain persons of protected liberties and subjects certain persons to adverse state action without benefit of a trial, constitute a bill of attainder?

And, if there is a post deprivation hearing, months after the person has sustained the loss of liberty, but the person cannot obtain full relief through a post deprivation hearing alone, is this still a bill of attainder (since the person was deprived before having had a chance to be heard)?

My response:

Thanks for specifically asking for me. However, I must decline your veiled effort to draw me into a lengthy and time-consuming political discussion.

Also, while I'm not very fond of lengthy threads, such a topic would necessarily require a great number of back and forth posts. As such, a bulletin board is far too inadequate to properly sustain such a discussion. This topic is better suited to a live, face-to-face classroom forum.

Good luck.

IAAL

Last edited:
J

justme589

I asked for you because after reading your posts, I felt you were very knowledgeable. I apologize if I offended you in any way, and I actually kept the post short and generic to avoid getting into a lengthy political discussion. I simply wanted your opinion, (basic "yes or no") as a general matter of law, and that is why I didn't go into the details. But, if you would rather not go into it, I certainly understand.

But, if you wouldn't mind giving just a generic yes or no answer... I just need to know if a post deprivation hearing is generally enough to stop a statutory scheme from being considered a bill of attainder. This would help me know if I should continue to pursue the case.

Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">