• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my chances of keeping the house(have 2 children)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greekgirl

What is the name of your state? :illinois

am currently 11months into divorce and separated same time frame. i have two small children (5 & 2), and am worried about keeping the house for them. i currently receive very little child support, and pay for the current mortgage on my own. i have paid my lawyer approx. $3,000. to date & he told me to get pre-approved for a mortgage that i can't afford, i will tell him so. i hear that in my state, everthing gets split down the middle. does having small children work in my favor or is it pretty set that it will get split down the middle? what other options will my lawyer have, to get the house for me & my children? i feel i have gotten nowhere in 11 months with my lawyer.

G

greekgirl

greekgirl said:
What is the name of your state? :illinois

am currently 11months into divorce and separated same time frame. i have two small children (5 & 2), and am worried about keeping the house for them. i currently receive very little child support, and pay for the current mortgage on my own. i have paid my lawyer approx. $3,000. to date & he told me to get pre-approved for a mortgage that i can't afford, i will tell him so. i hear that in my state, everthing gets split down the middle. does having small children work in my favor or is it pretty set that it will get split down the middle? what other options will my lawyer have, to get the house for me & my children? i feel i have gotten nowhere in 11 months with my lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">