• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Almost Done, Six weeks is up, still no word fromthe court!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rush2judgment

What is the name of your state? California (Los Angeles Superior Court)

Can anyone PLEASE help:
Since there is no standard on how long it may take a court to approve a settlement agreement & QDRO & issue final judgment, is there a way to request/find out the status of such a case? (eg. by contacting the clerk) or do we (like my attorney suggested) just sit on our hands & wait for notice from the court? This is a California (L A County) case that has dragged on since June, 1998. My Attorney's estimate was "we'll hear from the court in 4-6 wks." It is now almost 9 wks and still no word!
Also, can anyone elaborate on the Judgment being "Rejected" (see line dated 01/03/2003 below), why & when does that happen? My Attorney explaination (which I didn't understand): It was rejected because we filed our papers (on 12/31/2002)without a copy of the original summons. She said it was not an error on our part, but an error on the Clerk’s part and that we are "within our rights to file the docs as such". Not sure how she justified it but she states that she sent a letter to the court which will correct everything.
Below are the latest entries in the Case Summery (I am the Respondent):
01/09/2003 Declaration for Default Filed by Attorney for Respondent
01/03/2003 in department xx,CLERK,Presiding/Judgment rejected - Completed
12/31/2002 Appearance,stip and waivers Filed by Attorney for Respondent

Signed
Anxious for the finale!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">