• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scare tactics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NForget

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My wife and I have been seperated for 8 months, I started dating 5 months ago, wife is having me followed and says it will hurt me in the divorce. Can she do that? we have no children.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you're willing to wait another 10 months to file for divorce on the grounds of separation - she can file on grounds of adultery in NJ. I don't know how that might affect a property settlement in our fine state. But it certainly won't help you any.

M

mlopezvega

I would think it depends what state your in. For example Michigan (like many other states) is a NO FAULT state.

nailtech

and while your busy running from her, what is she up to??

I can say in Texas it's not against the law to date while going through a divorce..

I think what she's trying to say is.. the dating is not going to hurt you, she is. any and every way she can... and she means it... so put your seat belt on for a wild ride of vengance... she may not get what she wants, but she's going to make your life miserable... thats what she's telling you...

because I bet she didn't want this divorce and she's really pissed that you can replace her so fast or be so happy without her... so if your smart you will hold off on your dating and get your divorce and not put another woman through what your soon to be X is going to put her or any woman you date through...

Last edited:
C

cyana

If she wants to...

your stbx wife can file a "fault" divorce in NJ with your adultery as grounds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">