• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roane

my attonrey has claims he sent my papers into the judge to be signed off on back in Janunary, every time i contact my attorney he says it will be another week, another week. do i have to righ to contact the court house or whom to find out what is the hold up on my divorce decree?

L

livenlearn

same thing here

gosh, what is wrong with pennsylvania courts???? what county are you in??? the EXACT same thing is happening to me.... my divorce started over 2 years ago... we agreed on everything last summer.... and SOMEONE forgot to "file" for divorce.... (which i blame the attorneys involved here... aren't they the ones that are "supposed" to know all this??".... ANYWAY, we didn't file until sept.... the 90 days was up jan 8th... in which I TOOK the papers necessary (along with my ex's papers) to my attorneys office ... hand delivered them so they wouldn't get lost.. etc... and they've been "with the judge" ever since.... SINCE JAN 8TH!!!

i get the same run around with her too... "next week, next week"... but, nothing ever happens.... i've been calling my county's prothonotary's office for the last month or so checking if they've gotten it back from the judge signed yet.... but, i think they're getting VERY sick of me calling.... not to mention... shouldn't my attorney be checking into this????

she told me she called the judge's clerks office on 2/27... and they said that the judge was signing it... yup, you guessed it... "next week"... well, that was LAST WEEK now... so, i'm calling her office everyday this week until i get an answer...

i'm close to calling the clerks office for the judge too and asking where it is......

i'm almost glad to see i'm not the only one going thru this...

i'm in berks county, by the way.....

beth

L

livenlearn

if you haven't already called the prothonotary's office... here's a web site with all county's prothy's numbers on it....

http://www.courts.state.pa.us/Index/CommonPleas/Prothonotaries.asp

careful how you word it, cause sometimes they don't want to give info out on the phone.... i always just ask them if i can .. "check my divorce date"... that's always when they come back with... "not back from the judge yet".. good luck!

L

livenlearn

i just wanted to reply again to tell you that i FINALLY got the decree signed on 3/19/03..... that was exactly 10 weeks it was "sitting" with the judge..... i'm not sure if it was just the normal course.... or if it was because of the stink i made with my attorney to get on it.... either way, i'm finally divorced

hope you found out where yours is...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">