• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Marriage ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chonies4mj

What is the name of your state?
New York - I married my current husband before my divorce from my last husband was finalized - is my current marriage legal ???:confused:

HomeGuru

Chonies4mj said:
What is the name of your state?
New York - I married my current husband before my divorce from my last husband was finalized - is my current marriage legal ???:confused:

**A: no it is not. You cannot be married to 2 people at the same time.

C

Chonies4mj

What if my current husband and I did a renewal of wedding vows a full year latter ?? Would our marriage be legal from that point or is it still void ?? and if it is still legal would that change our anniversary date ??? would it make it a year later ??:(

HomeGuru

Chonies4mj said:
What if my current husband and I did a renewal of wedding vows a full year latter ??

**A: you could renew your wedding vows and even revew your honeymoon wows, but that has nothing to do with a legal marriage certificate.

Would our marriage be legal from that point or is it still void ??

**A: still void.

and if it is still legal would that change our anniversary date ???

**A: you have no legal marriage date so unless you want to celebrate an anniversary date of having sex, no dice.

would it make it a year later ??:(

**A: no, not even Ten Years After.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">