• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zyra

What is the name of your state? VA

My husband wants a divorce but so far attorneys seem to be too expensive and i was told i would have to pay for my own. my question is, if we go via a mediator, will he set the standards governed by the state when referencing to child support and insurance, etc? Will my husband be able to set his own standards in these matters?

Another question is, what if i cannot pay for or afford an attorney or mediator? will i get screwed out of what i'm entitled to by law bec of this?

Please help, this is very stressful!

H

hopelessinCA

Im not an attorney, but I would suggest you consult with one. Many attorneys will talk on the phone for free or low cost. Check with the Virginia State Bar for legal help as well as the Legal Services Corporation of Virginia. www.lscv.org.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">