• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken parking meter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spawn_x

What is the name of your state? Hollywood, CA

Was parked on Hollywood blvd. (very busy area and finding parking can be a hassle. also the parking spaces have meters)..

the place where i parked had a meter that seemed to be working, however when putting the money in none of the time was added on.

i parked anyways because i threw in a couple quarters, and came back to see a ticket for parking on an expired meter. i tried the meter again and it was working fine :confused: .

i know the facts are against me because i have no physical evidence to prove the fact that i put the quarters in and nothing happened, but i'm against me paying for a broken piece of equipment..

no i could not park anywhere else because i was already driving for 10 minutes looking for a spot and it opened up.

am i basically screwed and have to pay it? the fine is 35 dollars but it would ruin one of my weekends if i payed it, especially since it wasn't my fault..

i'll go digging in the parking code but have 0 clue about that so any advice is helpfull.

thanks

nailtech

Analytically wondering why you would check the meter/put more money into it when you came back knowing it was broken when you left, especially after getting a ticket.

If it didn’t work when you left why would you think it would work when you came back??

spawn_x

i had to show my girlfriend (parked in front of her store) that in fact it was not working, but it did... :( already payed it but still a bummer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">