• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separate then divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b_crawley

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Is it better to separate and then divorce or go straight to the divorce?

Is it better to take out a loan before the divorce / separation or after?

Is the property purchased during a separation still joint property?

Can the court award my wife the van if it is in my name and her car is in her name, just because she has the kids?

Can my wife force me to leave the house even if my name is the only name on the lease?

Should I get a male lawyer or does it matter?

Does the fact that we separated many times during our marrige have any bearing on the amount of alimony I have to pay?

B

Boxcarbill

b_crawley said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Is it better to separate and then divorce or go straight to the divorce?

Is it better to take out a loan before the divorce / separation or after?

Is the property purchased during a separation still joint property?

Can the court award my wife the van if it is in my name and her car is in her name, just because she has the kids?

Can my wife force me to leave the house even if my name is the only name on the lease?

Should I get a male lawyer or does it matter?

Does the fact that we separated many times during our marrige have any bearing on the amount of alimony I have to pay?
Gender of the lawyer only makes a difference if it makes a difference to you. Either gender of lawyer whose practice is in family law and who is familiar with IL law can advise you regarding the rest of your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">