• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbelle

What is the name of your state? My state is oklahoma.
My ex-husband and father of my three children is in prison for molesting my oldest daughter. Iam now remarried to a man who I have been with for 2+years and who has supported us and whom my children have made the choice to call their dad now.
The question I have is what I would need to do to sever my ex's parental rights and for my husband to adopt the kids, they have expressed the desire to carry his last name. the problem is that my husband has a secod degree manslaughter conviction on his record,he did his time and is a wonderful husband and father to myself and the kids,but, will a court allow him to adopt my kids.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jbelle said:

What is the name of your state? My state is oklahoma.

"My ex-husband and father of my three children is in prison for molesting my oldest daughter."

MY RESPONSE: Not surprising, this is fairly common in your State. If it weren't for incest, half of Oklahoma wouldn't exist.

"Iam now remarried to a man who I have been with for 2+years and who has supported us and whom my children have made the choice to call their dad now.
The question I have is what I would need to do to sever my ex's parental rights and for my husband to adopt the kids, they have expressed the desire to carry his last name.

the problem is that my husband has a secod degree manslaughter conviction on his record,he did his time and is a wonderful husband and father to myself and the kids,but, will a court allow him to adopt my kids."

MY RESPONSE: Of course he has a chance - - about as much of a chance as the sun imploding tomorrow. So, there is a chance.

You sure can pick 'em!

IAAL

J

jbelle

what is the difference

what is the difference between him being able to be a step-parent,and a darn good one, and him being able to be a good adoptive parent. If they cannot stop me from marrying him and making him the step-parent then why would they object to letting him adopt?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: what is the difference

jbelle said:
what is the difference between him being able to be a step-parent,and a darn good one, and him being able to be a good adoptive parent. If they cannot stop me from marrying him and making him the step-parent then why would they object to letting him adopt?

My response:

Lady, I'm not going to argue with you. Suffice it to say, there is no judge in this world that would sign an adoption order.

Don't you have more self-esteem than to keep marrying losers?

IAAL

J

jbelle

no argument intended

I was simply asking a simple question which is what this sight advertises the answers for. You obviosly are not very professional as you cannot simply answer in a professional way. And furthermore, you donnot know me, my husband or the circumstances behind his conviction so you should get facts before putting labels on people. It is not very christian, very professional or very intelligent. In my book people who pass judgement on others are the real LOSERS

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: no argument intended

jbelle said:
I was simply asking a simple question which is what this sight advertises the answers for. You obviosly are not very professional as you cannot simply answer in a professional way. And furthermore, you donnot know me, my husband or the circumstances behind his conviction so you should get facts before putting labels on people. It is not very christian, very professional or very intelligent. In my book people who pass judgement on others are the real LOSERS

====================================

My response:

Lady, you said - -

"My ex-husband and father of my three children is in prison for molesting my oldest daughter. my [current] husband has a secod degree manslaughter conviction on his record . . ."

Those were damning statements you made about yourself and your choices of husbands.

What more do you think I need to know about you? Do you really believe there's anything you could say that would IMPROVE your situation, or my thoughts about you?

And, you call me a "loser"? Incredible.

IAAL

J

jbelle

not understanding

you did not understand what i said okay and my choices were not both choices made knowingly for losers. first of allI married my high school sweetheart who I had no idea was close to capable of molesting children so you were wrong to condemn me as if I would have married him had i known.

Second, the man i am married to now was barely an adult when he got into a fight with a man who was 6ft tall,and was beating the hell out of his sister who is barely 5ft tall and weighs all of about 95pounds. he jumped the guy to get him off of the sister and in the result of the fight the man got a head injury that proved fatal. yes, he killed a man, but he was not trying to kill him, he was defending his sister. see what I mean about facts?

as for calling you a loser, i said people who make judgements on others are losers............

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: not understanding

jbelle said:

you did not understand what i said okay and my choices were not both choices made knowingly for losers.

MY RESPONSE: No, I understood completely. You merely failed to state these NEW facts in your initial post. I have a terrific capacity to understand what people actually write. I have no capacity to be a mindreader.

first of allI married my high school sweetheart who I had no idea was close to capable of molesting children so you were wrong to condemn me as if I would have married him had i known.

MY RESPONSE: Okay, that makes sense. There, you see? That makes all the difference in the world.

Second, the man i am married to now was barely an adult when he got into a fight with a man who was 6ft tall,and was beating the hell out of his sister who is barely 5ft tall and weighs all of about 95pounds. he jumped the guy to get him off of the sister and in the result of the fight the man got a head injury that proved fatal. yes, he killed a man, but he was not trying to kill him, he was defending his sister. see what I mean about facts?

MY RESPONSE: Ah, but then you "jump out of the pan and into the fire" with this guy. Lady, you weren't there when this happened, and I guarantee you, there's much more to this story than what you know, or what your husband told you. Let me explain - -

You see, people don't get convicted of 2nd Degree Manslaughter for merely protecting their sisters or other family member from dangerous persons. If the story your husband had told you was true, or complete, he would never been convicted because, as you describe the situation, his "crime" would have been "Justifiable Homicide" and he would have been set free. So, whatever he did, and the way he did it, the jury obviously believed the situation WAS NOT "justifiable."

as for calling you a loser, i said people who make judgements on others are losers............

MY RESPONSE: I WAS, and still am, making a judgment about you and your current husband! He's a murdering criminal! A jury of his peers convicted him. He's guilty. Plain and simple. There is NO judge who would sign adoption papers for him. That's a fact, jack.

What more do you need to know?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">