• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fred Foreman

What is the name of your state?
IOWA

I received unemployment benefits for 3 months Nov.2002-Feb.2003) totaling approx. $3,000.
I searched for jobs using the Internet (I can verify).
I am being audited (random selection) by the Iowa Unemployment Ofiice and now I am wondering if they are going to say that Internet searches are not acceptable (I heard this from someone else).
If that is true does that mean they will say I must reimburse them or am I facing criminal action? I am willing to repay if that is their ruling.
I have not attended my audit hearing yet - I am just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,
Fred Foreman

Son of Slam

Fred Foreman said:
What is the name of your state?
IOWA

I received unemployment benefits for 3 months Nov.2002-Feb.2003) totaling approx. $3,000.
I searched for jobs using the Internet (I can verify).
I am being audited (random selection) by the Iowa Unemployment Ofiice and now I am wondering if they are going to say that Internet searches are not acceptable (I heard this from someone else).
If that is true does that mean they will say I must reimburse them or am I facing criminal action? I am willing to repay if that is their ruling.
I have not attended my audit hearing yet - I am just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,
Fred Foreman
Did you apply for any jobs that you were qualified to do?

F

Fred Foreman

Unemployment

Yes, I applied for 2 jobs per week in my field as required, but I only did so over the internet, not in person.

abezon

Did you keep records? Printouts of the applications? Can you contact the potential employers and ask them to verify that you applied for a job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">